How do you separate Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press from Social Media? Are they one and the same? Where do we draw the line?
However, with rights come responsibilities. How can we balance our First Amendment freedoms with today's seemingly limitless technology? What about privacy?
What do you think about how Freedom of Speech and Freedom of the Press relate to outlets like Facebook and Instagram? Post your thoughts and as always, please follow the Blog Expectations.
Ms. Melody Stephens is in her 21st year of teaching, 15 of which have been in 5th Grade at Emma B. Ward. The topics the author discusses in this blog are intended to be from an unbiased and neutral point of view and provide an extension of classroom instruction.
1. Show respect for cultural diversity.
2. Post your real name...nicknames and/or silly posts will be deleted.
3. Stick to the topic...posts off topic will be deleted. A blog is not an instant message or texting outlet. It is a written conversation among a group of people.
4. Post only appropriate comments. Inappropriate comments will be deleted and the IP address of the computer used to make the post will be traced.
5. Consequences for inappropriate posts may range from surrender of ALL computer privileges for the remainder of the school year to even a report made to police.